The Adventures of Chubby Chocolate

CONFESSIONS & RAMBLINGS OF A CHUBBY BLACK GIRL ON THE VERGE OF 30.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

CHUBBY SPITS VENOM

My uncle in Jamaica once told me,

"Chubby how do you know you only like Chicken, when you haven't sampled beef, mutton, fish, pork. Don't settle until you sample it all."

I was on the verge of marriage some years back to this guy I was with for quite a while. I woke up one morning and realized that there is no way I can wake up to the same person everyday for the rest of my life. Just wasn't happening. Since then, I seek & conquer: No games, No bullshiting. Since I broke things off with him, it's been extremely rare that I open up to a guy...I'm talking about my heart, not my legs.

So when I decided that I'm going to waste time from my busy schedule to communicate with you several times a week, and when you start the trend of doing the same thing, I expect you to be consistent and not flail. you could have just left what happened in Phili, at the hotel, but you kept pursuing me long after that, making me ultimately believe that you were worth my time and effort. I never liked long distance booty, but you packaged it well, with your words, daily calls, e-mails, flowers to the office, plane tickets....Just when I plopped my feet on the table to rest a spell and open up to you-Something I haven't done in years, you drop the ball. The calls stop and the e-mails become one sentence.

Now I'm stuck. Like I just woke up from a drunk stupor and realized I've lost time. Wasted time on you and I can't snap back. I lost myself thanks to the false security you gave me, believing it was cool to let go. I'm hurt. Now I run the risk of sounding like psychobitch. But this is what you signed up for when you told me, several times over that we crossed paths for a reason and we should take time to get to know each other. Or am I supposed to work it out, talk things out. Isn't that what people do when we want something to work? Maybe, you're just an asshole who gets off on playing mind tricks. Punk ass trick.

I'm trying to express how I'm feeling, but I think I'm typing some chicken scratch, making no sense at all. And I had a shitty day at work too. Before I forget....

@Thandieland:
I usually don't respond to comments from people who make wack attempts at playing, "mirror", but you've caught me in a pissy mood...Here's some mirroring advice for you: Why don't you use the hand you fan with to screw yourself.

Not sure what your life is like, but I only divulge a fraction of me in this blog, so you should think twice before you comment again. The lack of funds is from the villa I purchased in Negril last month and am in the process of redecorating it.

Consider yourself warned.

14 Comments:

  • At 8:20 AM, Blogger Prophetess said…

    Work it out, sis. Work it out. I don't suppose marriage is all that bad...

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger BZ said…

    Girl (I come by way of Mr. Slish, by way of ChezNiki), I feel you. I am not the emotional chick in the least. I don't talk about touchy feely shullbit very often. Only a b*tch-ass dude will beg you to break it down and then bounce. I ain't madatcha. Like the blog. I'll be coming back. And, congrats on the villa!

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said…

    Get 'em girl! Get 'em! Hate people who read blogs and think they know ALL about you based off what you smush into a few sentences and paragraphs...kills me how peole read so much into something that is so minor in the big landscape that makes our lives.

    As for dude...well that sucks. Long distance relationships suck. You never can read someone from so far away. I'd say go find yourself some random dick to do miscellaneous things with...but...this time, that advice is not going to work.

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger Knockout Zed said…

    Wow, Chubs, I wish I could articulate my shit like that. I get so mad at some of these muthafuckas I could beat 'em.

    The blog is a partial account of our lives. You can't or won't know everything because you don't know us personally, period.

    KZ

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger ThandieLand said…

    Haha... you know, I do use the hand I fan with to pleasure myself sometimes…so the advice is kinna moot.

    But I do want to say I am pleased (in a weird sort of cyber way) you are doing good things with your money. It was just strange and worrying, the combo of intelligent hard working young woman and seemingly consummate spendthrift. I knew it would offend but I was too intrigued not to inquire.

    I am warned....hahaha..[I am trembling in my boots here] ..btw all the best with the major investment and I hope it reaps you bountiful rewards.

    Just chuck it up to one of the more interesting interactions you will ever have in the blog world; everybody seems so eager to agree and support whatever the other blogger puts forward. No real texture to the interactions I find. But I get it… I am warned.

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    Hey don't let the shallowness of some random blogger get you all heated. It ain't worth it. We all get those from time to time. laugh and keep it moving. As for the relatiohship - long distance is the worst.

     
  • At 5:38 PM, Blogger Chubby Chocolate said…

    @Thandieland: Bygones. :-)

     
  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger Nika Laqui said…

    I say ignore all the haters, like you said they don't know you like that, only what you choose to disclose, so if they are shallow enough to think thats all there is to you, let them have the joy in being clueless without giving them the "satisfaction" of commenting on their malarky....

    Girl, I'm so glad I'm not the only one experiencing these types of feelings...its hard out here for us black women, I see, to find that special one. Niggas always playing those mindfuck games...

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger toneec42 said…

    That's it - give it to them both! Why is it men (and women) can't handle what they ask for? What was the point? Why'd you start if you were planning on staying with the tour?

    And I just got back from Negril. My first trip to Jamaica and it was heavenly! I will definitely be back.

     
  • At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Party @ chubby's villa for New Years...Wasn't that the next blog topic Chubby? About who could make it to Negril for your house warming :-) Congrats chica!!!! you deserve it...Yo hit a sista up next time you are in the ATL you know I am on the east side....

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger Butterfly Jones said…

    Sorry to hear about the 'fuckwit' man. How annoying. But don't let it put you off honey, dems the breaks sometimes. Bless the past and move on.

    I know your blog is very open, and honest CC but I didn't realise you were required to give an account of your finances to strangers. That's a damn NOSEY question to be asking peeps you KNOW, let alone peeps you bloody well DON'T! I'm just saying.

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger NameLiar said…

    The dirty bastard! I hate when they draw you in with all that bullshit about how they want to get to know you and want to be with you and yadda yadda yadda...HORSESHIT!!!

    I guess that's why I'm the devil now...and a Boss...a Bossy Devil...lol

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger sammie said…

    besides, a PERTY pair of shoes is worth several meals to most women!! Good looking AND they dont pack weight on the hips.

    You tell 'em Chubby. Cute shoes BTW! And post some pics of the VIlla!!!

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yeah, pics of the villa! THAT would be the first surprising thing I've seen on this blog.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape I'LL SUE YO AISSS!