The Adventures of Chubby Chocolate

CONFESSIONS & RAMBLINGS OF A CHUBBY BLACK GIRL ON THE VERGE OF 30.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

INSOMNIA

It's pretty late and I'm having one of my insomniac episodes. I've long tossed out the Nyquil, so it looks like I'm gonna have to fight it. Tried reading a book, but I can't focus. Too many thoughts competing for attention. So I'm getting them all out...

Things have been quite hectic at work. My organization swooped up another agency, so I got a big promotion w/a nice increase, attached with long damn hours. It's worth it though, because I was getting sick of my month and a half stint of peanut butter & jelly sandwich and tea for lunch. I absolutely loath my blackberry. It's like a damn doggie leash.

GO GHANA! Yes, I know they lost but any country that enforces their gold mines to slow production so their people will have enough electricity to watch their squad play, is fresh. I got into a heated debate about the politics of soccer and other sports, and it solidified my notion of the fact that most of us (Americans) really do believe we're the best at everything when compared to the rest of the world...Why does Baseball have a world series when there's no other countries playing in the league?!!! Political.

I'm truly considering beginning a relationship with this guy. I've come to realize how impatient I am when it comes to actually dating a man. When the poking's done, I want to move on and conquer other bones, but before I realized it, I found myself taking my time with this one. After the lust cleared, he had something there worth sticking around for. But long distance courting is a motherfucker. I'll elaborate more in another post....and my goodness, that adventure is in true Chubby form!

The other night while pleasuring myself, my cat sneaked into my room, jumped on my bed and pounced on my vibrator. That shit hurt.

I'm being stalked by my gay friend. We've reached a point in our friendship, when we don't have a reason to communicate anymore. He calls me now at 3am, when he's leaving the bar, drunk off his aisss. The messages are hilarious, but they are getting a bit scary.

The hump at the end of my neck is getting smaller. It's where I carry all my stress and it was actually tight muscles, not fat. It's amazing how many signals your body gives you to inform you to slow the hell down.

I saw Amel Larrieux in concert last month. I caught a glimpse of her preparing backstage before she came on (three hours late). She looks like she's smoking something. And it's not herb.

I haven't been to the gym in eons. I lost my routine with this new position and I'm having a hard time getting back on track. I have a jam packed weekend ahead and all I can think about are a pair of shoes that I need to buy for the party on Monday night.

My mother truly has become my good friend. She turns 60 this year and just when I think I couldn't love her more, I do. She spent the month of April at my house because I was nursing her after an operation. She wouldn't allow me to sleep on my couch, so we shared my bed and I felt like a kid again, feeling so secure. One morning, she told me her mother (my namesake) visited her in a dream and said, "Tell Chubby to take her bracelets off at night. She'll sleep better." And I have...


When I get my brain to shut off.

11 Comments:

  • At 6:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    missed you blogging chubby! what a sweet post :-)

     
  • At 6:42 AM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said…

    I like when you tell us your "happenings"....
    Hope all is well the O

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Blogger Fresh said…

    Seems like the storm is passing. Glad things are looking up. Nice to read a positive post :-) Stay up sunshine!

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Lyrically speaking said…

    Great post, I enjoyed the part about your mother and how you both shared the bed, that brings back memories when I used to share my bed with my mom

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger Knockout Zed said…

    Dudes are always telling women "You think too much!" In this case, it's probably true.

    If you're ever really bored, read "How Soccer Explains The World" by Franklin Foer. It's a very good book. It might even help you sleep.

    KZ

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger PAINKEY said…

    Well, I am so gladd to hear your stress is begining to decrease. ITs nice not to have it. Life is so much sweeter with out it.
    Congrats on your promo and mula...and go get them shoes gurl...have a great holiday ;)

     
  • At 4:05 PM, Blogger Prophetess said…

    Nice post all around, Chubbs.

     
  • At 2:36 PM, Blogger Phoenix said…

    first time you your blog. Nice post. You had me LMAO about the cat and your vibrator.

     
  • At 5:58 PM, Blogger ThandieLand said…

    I know I prolly will get cussed out for asking this but I will ask it anyways.

    How come you never have money ( as in the dole diet you just described) but you always buying things, brand name tings? Every other time is shoes and you have expensive car too? How come? How does that get sorted out in the head of a seemingly intelligent young woman such as yourself?

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger BZ said…

    ROFLMMFAO @ cat & vibrator! I have the jackrabbit, so I think that would result in some internal injury type sh*t! lol

    And, I'm named after my abuelita, too! :-) Long-distance sh*t is definitely not my favorite thing on the menu, but sometimes it's worth it.

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Nika Laqui said…

    Sounds like that would hurt....Ouch!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape I'LL SUE YO AISSS!