The Adventures of Chubby Chocolate

CONFESSIONS & RAMBLINGS OF A CHUBBY BLACK GIRL ON THE VERGE OF 30.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

TACO TRUCK TORTA TORTURE!!! Pt. ONE

Of all the many adventures, I've experienced, this one by far takes the cake. Being that the event is now past tense (by only a couple of hours), I can look back and find the funny bits, but while it was happening, there was NOTHING humorous about it.

WARNING:
If you're squeemish about shit, then don't read any further.

It's Monday. I'm at work, in the office buried under paperwork. I'm working on a project right now, so my hours will be long...pretty much until I go on vacation in December. 8pm rolls around and my stomach starts growling. I get in my car and drive around the Fruitvale District of Oakland a.k.a Little Meh-hico. I was on the hunt for a nice chicken torta. I head to my favorite spot to find that the restaurant decided to close early.

Ever reach a consensus with your belly and tastebuds for a specific type of food and abruptly discover you can't have it? The torture is similar to being on the verge of an orgasm and the phone rings. I go to one of the thousands of taco trucks. I've always stayed away because how can a truck have running water? I just don't get it. But I'm desperate....The measures I take to please my belly.

I order the torta and head for home. I take off my work clothes, bra and undewear, wrap myself in a kanga and flopped on the couch to devour my torta and horchata.

About three hours later, my stomach starts to cramp. I head to the bathroom thinking it was time to relieve myself. WRONG. I sit on the toilet and it starts oozing out. After 5 minutes, I light an incense and leave the crime scene. My brother heads toward the bathroom door and I warn him: "If you value your life, you'll keep clear of the bathroom for about 10 minutes." He heeds my advice and goes to the backyard to piss...It fertilizes the grass.

After the bathroom airs out, I decide to take a shower. I get a horrible naeseous feeling, but I dismiss it. I have to use the bathroom AGAIN! I sit on the toilet and the same thing happens. Then I get that horrible, thick, warm feeling in my throat. It's now coming out at both ends and I have no control over it. My brother knocks on the door, but I can't talk. I'm vomiting in the trash and shitting on the toilet. I clean up, take a shower, wrap myself in a different kanga and hop in the bed. Food poisoning. It just had to get out of my system, I should be fine now...Or so I thought, my ass and stomach decided to further torture me for buying taco truck food.

The vomitting and oozing shit routine happens six more times! It's now to the point, where I'm vomitting yellow bile and my ass is contracting with nothing exiting. SHEER PAIN.
I'm so weak to the point I can't walk. I crawl to the phone and dial 911.

"I need... help...I can't stop... shitting...Come quick." My brother stands over me in complete shock. He calls my parents. My mother wants to talk to me. "Everything will be alright, Ladybug. Just make sure you put a little make-up on. You never know...." I throw the phone with the last bit of energy I can muster. The firemen arrive first...I'll give you the rest tomorrow! I've got to get back in the bed.

10 Comments:

  • At 11:04 PM, Blogger Haley said…

    Holy Shit. I guess Taco Truck Food was a warning to begin with. But I know the feeling..my stomach wants TACO..haha. Hope things are better for you tomorrow. And that your ass and mouth stop spewing.

    Haley

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lovely. Being in Texas I always see those Taco Trucks and I have always wondered how they can be any good. Now I know, blech! I hope the pukes and trots have ended by now. And LOL at your mom!!

     
  • At 5:07 AM, Blogger Knockout Zed said…

    Oh my god in heaven! What in tarnation...

    Fuck!

    KZ

     
  • At 5:58 AM, Blogger Laylah Queen of the Night said…

    Hey...do you knit hats? I think I met you

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said…

    not laughing..REALLY!
    why did I have this same damn thing happen to me...but I actually passed out on the damn bathroom floor...you got graphic with your post...I tried to keep my descriptions to a minimum..lol

    Hope you feel better boobie...poor girl...wish I was in Cal to help...but ummm, so you got a brother?...LOL

     
  • At 10:20 AM, Blogger The Brown Blogger said…

    I feel bad for pricing a food truck a few weeks ago in hopes of moving a few tacos and thangs next spring.

    I'm sure there's a happy ending, but you got us hanging with the yellow bile stuff and the FD coming to your rescue.

    I had a fling with somebody I met in an emergency room. Her mother told her the same thing about the makeup. Worked for me.

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger PAINKEY said…

    You poor thing, I bet it was the dang Horachata! Them dang taco trucks need to have a warning label on them (only rock iron stomchs need to purchase) I have a local truck that does that to me from time to time. It sucks when you have no choice. One thing that really helps when my stomach and ass act funny is a medicine called BABY PERCY. The taste if it is not all that, hell it is medicine, but it works good for the runs.
    Hope you feel better!

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger Fresh said…

    OMG...I used to LOVE those taco trucks out on Fruitvale a couple blocks from the BART station. My friend used to live over there and we ate at the one across from her apartment building often. That was back in the day though. A lot of them have running water and refrigation (powered through generators). I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. Dang those Mexican cravings!!!

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Chubby Chocolate said…

    @Laylah=Nope. I can't knit for shit

     
  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger Sha Boogie said…

    As un-funny as that must have been while it was happening to your ass(literally...) I just laughed so long and hard that I'm crying at the fact that you called 911 for help!!..LOL!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape I'LL SUE YO AISSS!