The Adventures of Chubby Chocolate

CONFESSIONS & RAMBLINGS OF A CHUBBY BLACK GIRL ON THE VERGE OF 30.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

SOCIAL DYNAMICS

Just about reaching the tipping point. I'm experiencing cabin fever at it's worse. There's a free shuttle that stays within a five mile radius around the hotel. I'm going to hop on it right after I finish this post, but I'm in a slight issue.

On business trips that last for more than three days, the people around me start to get on my nerves. People want to congregate after hours, get together and socialize. Have drinks. If you're a female, who is interested in learning how I do my hair, want to know more about my agency and/or want to start a study group. STAY AWAY FROM ME. If it's during professional hours, that's fine, but when I'm off the clock, don't come near me. Now, if you're a penis with a doable body attached to it.....This unfortunately is a rarity in my field. The Black men I come across want to exchange make-up tips and are cruising the next man.

I made the mistake of mentioning that I was going to check out the surroundings this evening and three others volunteered themselves to tag along with me. When business hours are over, I don't want to associate with you. It's personal time. The personal mask has relieved the public one of it's duties and I'm on the prowl for Georgia dick.
LEAVE ME ALONE.

I guess I'm a professional, outgoing person-Not a personal outgoing person. When I'm off the clock, I just want to be left alone. Stay in my room and order room service. I don't want to join your study group. I don't want to eat dinner with you. I don't want to talk to you anymore.
GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY SPACE!!

Dynamic: An interactive system or process, especially one involving competing or conflicting forces.

I'll find a way to ditch them and then I'll come up with an excuse when I see them...Wait, what's that noise? Someone's knocking on my door. I didnt give any of them my room number. Don't breath. Keep still...Musn't... make... a sound...

Stay Low.

14 Comments:

  • At 4:04 PM, Blogger Single Ma said…

    Gurl you crack me up. When I need a laugh, I know exactly where to come.

    But I know exactly what you mean. If you come right out n say you don't want to go, they look at you like you got 3 heads.

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Butterfly Jones said…

    LOL! You gon' have to get your disguise on! And you know if you hadn't of suggested it, they would've been too 'fraid to venture out. They just using you for cover! We'll be safe with the chubbster!

     
  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger PAINKEY said…

    Hang in there CC!!!
    Keep us posted ;)

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said…

    Take them down to buckhead and then come up MIA...sneak outta back door...LMAO

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    Oh my goodness I hate when people from work try to drag you with them somewhere afterwork. Please I'm off the clock and that means I don't have to laugh at your corny jokes or see you till tomorrow or the next business day..now kick rocks

     
  • At 10:39 AM, Blogger The Humanity Critic said…

    LOL I feel the same way you do, after work hours I don't want to be within a 20 mile radius of the people I work with. Good post.

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger Ore said…

    LMAO!!! I know EXACTLY what you're going through. I am exactly the same way and each time I've dodged a request to hang out, I've felt like the most unsociable thing alive.

    Hehe! Hope you make it through the week okay.

     
  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger nikki said…

    you're not supposed to tell folk where you're going, just BOUNCE.

    i feel you on the 'getting on my nerves' part. cool for a day or two but eventually i just want to tell them to shut the fuck up and get off me.

     
  • At 9:00 AM, Blogger Knockout Zed said…

    Imma start calling you "Zedette".

    KZ

     
  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    @ Zed..... "Word... Fi Truth!"
    Lol

    I see somebody got out of the wrong side of the hotel bed this morning, i guess there will be no chocolates kisses placed on your pillow either by maid service.
    You probably have the do not disturb sign up anywayz...

    But trust I soooo feeel you, I'm here with Bossman, who always like you to come sit by his non bathing ass to show something, or work on project together.... Ugggh!
    Enjoy weekend, or at least try to!

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Blogger toneec42 said…

    I am sooo with you! There are a few people I will socialize with after work, but not e'rr dayum body! NO! I don't wanna go to happy hour with you white people. NO! I don't wanna have a holiday party at your house. NO! I don't wanna each lunch with you in the teacher's lounge. NO! I don't wanna blah, blah, blah... LEAVE ME ALONE!
    Whew! That felt good. Thanks for the outlet.

     
  • At 6:40 AM, Blogger TRUTHZ said…

    CC, now i know you know how to get rid of people. but in the future tell them that you are going to visit someone in jail or look at the city dump or something, they'll never ask to join you...

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger Fresh said…

    what da do...where r u?

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I find your comments on socializing after work comforting. At my current employer there is so much pressure to have "drinks" after work. I worry about the team player thing but my personal time is my time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape I'LL SUE YO AISSS!