The Adventures of Chubby Chocolate

CONFESSIONS & RAMBLINGS OF A CHUBBY BLACK GIRL ON THE VERGE OF 30.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

ISLAND IN THE SUN

CHUBBY ON HIATUS!
The image “http://www.jamaicans.com/info/images/jasyb.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
During this time I will be:
Waking up to Roosters
Riding a bike down the road to Lost Beach
Waiting for the fishermen to come
Caught in an elbowing match with old ladies for fat fish
Snoring on the beach till lunch
Sipping on fresh fruit punch
Picking up sea shells with my cousins
Shooting the shit with family
Playing Dominoes with old men with no front teeth
Waiting to see who will pass out first from the 99 proof rum
Listening to duppy stories
Eating boiled banana and fish dumpling
Begging my shy female cousins to go to the disco
Pleading with my male cousins to take me out because my female cousins won't
Driving my parents around Sav La Mar
Making the motorcycle taxis zoom me up and down Mango Hall Rd
Modeling on the bike for the taxi drivers to take pics
Getting lost in Lucea
Arguing with lawyers over property
Jet-Skiing
Fending off men at the beach
Taking long showers with well water
Making a list of items my cousins want me to send them
Reminding them that money doesn't grow on trees
Listening to my mother's laugh
Missing my cat, Pooter
Feeding food scraps to the pet pigs
Listening to the frogs that sound like crickets
Smelling the hickory aroma of country air
Hiding from wicked Ms. Winnie
Watching Daddy get drunk and try to walk
Explaining to strangers why Americans hate chubby women
Helping Sudike with his winter break project
Teaching Demar how to use the internet
Cleaning the kitchen after Carol cooks
Fetching the goats
Driving the youngsters to Burger King in Negril
Fucking the first tall, dark man that walks down the road
Making empty promises that I'll write to him when I return to the states
Hitting Negril's tourist strip to buy trinkets for staff
Learning the new dances
Taking pictures of Sudike and Donjay pop wheelies
Watching Jamaican soap operas
Winding my waist and rolling my belly
Explaining to Uncle Shirley why I'm not married yet
Nursing my mosquito bites
Chasing baby goats
Willie Bouncin' at a dancehall concert
Getting conceited from all the attention
Hiding while cousin Mark kills the chicken
Hiding on Sunday to avoid going to service with auntie
Visiting relatives I don't remember
Working at cousin Marlons roadside bar
Turning down wedding proposals from Rasta Everton
Forgetting my life back in the states

SOON COME...
The image “http://www.jamaicanetlink.com/content/DUPortal30/pictures/flag_small.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.


23 Comments:

  • At 11:40 PM, Blogger Fresh said…

    I'm.so.jealous!!! But have a good time. I might be on a little break myself as I am expecting a very sexy houseguest. Just my little bit of Cali sunshine. ;-)

     
  • At 5:24 AM, Blogger Pamalicious said…

    Im going to reserve 3% of my sanity everyday while you're gone to prepare for the stories you will have to tell when you get back!

    Enjoy! Be Safe!

     
  • At 7:19 AM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said…

    You have an Uncle Shirley?

    Have fun Chubs...can't wait to here those stories.....I know they will be WILD.

     
  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    Take me with you. Although me and the fam are suppose to be going to Barbados.
    So I might be tradies stories with ya, about Big D Dreadlock Darian pon de beach, just swingin' he johnson over his shoulder *gulp*

    Enjoy you will be missed!!!

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Blogger The Brown Blogger said…

    Very well then. Enjoy yourself, we'll be here.

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    Bring me back some (you know west indian when you start a sentence off with this) Tia Maria, Wrey and Nephews, Jam Puff, and lemme see what else, oh dat stuff de rasta man keep trying to push pon me
    *jokes*
    accept bout de Tia Maria, me likes!

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger PAINKEY said…

    ah, hope you have a blast...will miss ya when your gone. make sure to take mental notes of every wild adventure you go on and take plenty of pics and post em so we can travel with ya ;)

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It sounds BEAUTIFUL!

    We'll miss you, but have great fun! And bring backs lots of good stories! :)

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Blogger proacTiff said…

    You know that's bad, you gotta turn down the bedding ... I mean wedding proposals from the natives. And it's funny how all of my friends from the Island's have that same ubiquitous list making habit before their hiatus.

    Enjoy. Relax. Release.

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Knockout Zed said…

    Negril. So many bad memories. Enjoy ya' self, mama.

    KZ

     
  • At 5:02 PM, Blogger Brains Nbooty said…

    noooo, say it ain't so. who else am i gonna get my not-quite-daily dose of craziness from....

    *sigh*

    but, seriously, have a good time. have enogh fun for both of us.

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger nikki said…

    have a wonderful time! we will miss you terribly :(

     
  • At 10:56 PM, Blogger Superstar Nic said…

    That sounds GREAT!!!

    Have a wonderful time!

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger SP said…

    Girl, you sound like you are going to have a great time! Much better than my winter vacation. Have some fun for me.

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger The_Practitioner said…

    The serial dater wishes you well. While I am jealous (lawd knows a brotha is due a vacation) I hope you have a great time. ;o)

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger ChezNiki said…

    You've been tagged!
    See my blog post called, "Tagging 23:5" on December 16, 2005 for rules and regulations. Happy Holidays!

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger sj-the-infamous said…

    oh this sounds like fun! i wanna live vicariously through you! i can't wait to hear about all the trouble "we" got into LOLOL

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Fresh said…

    I know you are busy doing all that stuff, but I'm need you to come back soon and write some crazy stories....

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger ShellyP said…

    Driving your parents around Sav?! My mada grow up in Sav. I'm sure you're having the best time! Mi deh ya jealous.

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Haley said…

    Sounds like you're going to be having a hell of a time. Or..I guess you ARE doing all of those things as we speak. ENJOY!

    Haley

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger TRUTHZ said…

    now you could have told a sistah...u know a jamaican man could have set me off right...have fun...and if you soon come, i already know that means never!!! i found out the hard way last year. lol

     
  • At 8:40 AM, Blogger The Humanity Critic said…

    Happy Holidays!!

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope you are having a great time!!! Happy Holidays!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape I'LL SUE YO AISSS!