The Adventures of Chubby Chocolate

CONFESSIONS & RAMBLINGS OF A CHUBBY BLACK GIRL ON THE VERGE OF 30.

Monday, January 09, 2006

MERRI-WHO?

I get into the shuttle and tell the driver my destination. There's another woman in the van and we start to conversate (that one's for you, Zed).

"Is this your first time in Atlanta?"
"Yeap! I can't wait to get to the downtown area!" I made a wack attempt at trying to conceal my excitement, but my lips wouldn't cover my teeth.

The driver hops on the freeway and I look out the window, absorbing the scene, like I'm fresh off the boat. I look in the passing cars on the freeway, comparing the number of Black and White people. I start read-singing billboard messages out loud, as if I'm in a foreign country, learning the language...Beeehhll-Soowwth. Fox Fiiiive News.

What the fuck is wrong with me?!

I see the high rise buildings approaching. I get excited again. I begin visualizing my coming week: Tall, chocolate men calling me, "Mam". Eating at a popular eatery. Hitting up somebody's happy hour, wearing my new, hugging jeans. Positioning my ass on the stool, signaling to men on the prowl to come hither. Exploring new malls and buying something, just to brag, "I bought it in Atlanta." I check back in to reality, just in time to notice the driver completely pass the downtown area.

"Excuse me. I think you missed the exit." He shoots me an irritated look in the rear view mirror.
"Your hotel is on the outskirts of Atlanta. It's really in Merri-..." Merri who? Merri what?
I couldn't hear the rest of his statement because my ears started to ring with anger. I'm not staying in Hotlanta?

He reaches the exit and I spot the Marriott Hotel. It's right off the freeway, located near nothing but the highway. The other woman in the shuttle notices my deflated mood.

"You're staying in Merrietta, not Atlanta." Thanks for rubbing it in, Beeeee-yatch.

Oh well. I guess this will ensure my focus on the fellowship. I can kiss tall, dark, dick goodbye. Maybe there's prospects within the hotel and/or hotel staff. That would make this a perfect Chubby adventure: Work and dick in one location.

Easy Access

14 Comments:

  • At 10:06 PM, Blogger Fresh said…

    I'm sure there will be no shortage of sexy dark D on the outskirts of ATL. Enjoy!!!

     
  • At 5:16 AM, Blogger Pamalicious said…

    LOL LOL LOL LOL - As soon as you tell me where this Utopia you are speaking of is...let the rest of us who live in Atlanta know.

    Marrietta has some fine bros girl - don't fret! Depending on where you are - go to Cumberland Mall or to Joe's Crab Shack or hmmm - let me find you a club out that way. I can't remember the name of that place :)

     
  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said…

    Whatever happens Chubs....YOUR gonna make it happen!!!

    Hotel staff?...ok, you have officially been elevated to the status of Grand Mistress BAF...*wink*

    You have GOT to get into something..well I mean get into you!!

    lol

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger The Brown Blogger said…

    Um, yeah... What Alli said. We're depending on you to prvide the good ish on the regular, so this little mishap, miscommunication or whatever shouldn't stop you from doing the damn thing.

    Keep on keeping us posted.

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Disco said…

    LOL I was in the Atl. a few weeks ago and all I have to say is to be caaaareful, you know Atl. has QUITE a proliferation of gay males (nothing against it), I'm just saying..... :-)

    Have fun Chubs and go to Buckhead!

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger PAINKEY said…

    I hate when shit like that happens and just kills the moment of joy you have.

    It was funny they way u put it tho.
    heehee!

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Blogger Butterfly Jones said…

    Damn gurlll, if anyone can combine work and dick, it be you. I was in downtown Atlanta in August (the Butterfly gets about you know) and got a drive-by 'NIGGERRR' greeting from some rednecks in a truck. Assholes. Needless to say I was damn scared when I moved to Buckhead North which was full of white folk. Check out the area Little Five Points if you have a chance. It has cool vintage shops, The Flying Biscuit restaurant, and a nice alternative vibe.

     
  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger twin said…

    just click your heels three times and you will be home, oh that only happens to little girls from kansas

     
  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger Single Ma said…

    CDFU!!!

    The whole state is loaded with fine black men. ATL - Merrietta...tis all the same. Have fun!

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger cassy said…

    I'm sure you can get all your 'business' done...no matter where you stay! =)

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Sergio I. Gajardo Ugás said…

    Que buen blog ... un gran saludo desde Chile y visita mi blog www.warketing.blogspot.com

    Sergio Gajardo

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Blogger TRUTHZ said…

    lol well i will be in lawrenceville but hopefully like you, will find my way to hotlanta if even just for one night

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hilarious... I live in Atlanta and I call it "Scary-etta"

    Have .. ahem fun.

    The Mad Dater
    "Because there's a Bastard in all of us"

     
  • At 2:44 AM, Blogger sj-the-infamous said…

    Marietta?! LMAO you got sent to Marietta LMAO There are some brothas in Cobb County, or so I hear. But gold teefus no know boundaries. Hope ya had fun :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape I'LL SUE YO AISSS!