The Adventures of Chubby Chocolate

CONFESSIONS & RAMBLINGS OF A CHUBBY BLACK GIRL ON THE VERGE OF 30.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

RE-BOOT: Back to the World

I'm back!

My ATL traveling nightmare placed me on the tipping point. Then when my license plates got stolen off the Benz, the very next day...Let's just say I was about two minutes from being 5150'd!

I decided to hibernate-to the fullest. I took time off from work, left my laptop at home, rented a car and drove to Lake Tahoe. I stayed at a friend's timeshare. I had no television. Just a radio, my cell phone, four books and Oscar. I lived on top ramen, tea and tuna sandwiches...and Oscar. I got back this morning.

I needed to clear my head and get all the negative energy out of my system. reconnect with myself. Remind myself why I'm doing what I'm doing and where I'm hoping it will take me. Reorganize my life. Detox.

Of course something happened during my stay in the snow. Ya'll, I couldn't make this shit up if I tried....

I went to the local store to restock on tuna and top ramen...I'm lying-I was buying batteries for Oscar. I had to pee so I asked the woman if I could use the bathroom. It was a small store and the bathroom was located behind the counter. When I was done, the woman asked me:

"Do you have any kids?" I replied, no and contiunued looking for my items.
"I knew you were going to say that. I can tell by the way you urinate."
WHAT THE FUCK?!!!!!!
"Excuse me?!"
"Well, you see when you urinate it sounded like you have a tight urethra. It sounded like a trickle. If you were a mother, it would sound like a faucet turned on full blast...."

I couldn't believe this crazy ass mountain lady was trying to have this type of ignorant conversation with me. I gave her a courtesy smile and quickly gathered my items for her to price them, so I could leave. She then turned her back and got on her cell phone. She started looking at me as if she was in a trance, like she wanted to ask me something, and was using all her might to refrain from asking.
"So where are you staying?"
"I'm leaving today, I don't remember the name of the resort." I lied.
I grabbed my bag and darted out the store. When I was getting into my car, a large white man stopped me.
"Hello, my name is Theodore. I own this store." So- the-fuck-what, I'm thinking and I nod, close my car door and start the car.

He's still standing by my car door, looking at me as if he wants to continue talking to me, but I ignored him and drove off. What the hell was that all about?! I felt like I was in some Steven King book about to be eaten by some crazy white people.


Anyway, I've found myself again, am ready to face the world and venture back into blogsphere...

16 Comments:

  • At 8:15 PM, Blogger TRUTHZ said…

    welcome back CC..i have truly missed you... so next time you go back tell the mountain lady she is a lie cuz i don't gush when i pee...i trickle...i gush when i hold it too long...or when i am uhm excited..

     
  • At 9:05 PM, Blogger toneec42 said…

    Ugh! White people are just plain crazy! Who listens to people pee?! And who comments on it if they do hear it?!

     
  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Fresh said…

    country people will say anything to make conversation...she might have gotten spooked...they don't have much ... uh, cullar up that way ;-)

    thought you had dipped out on us for good. glad you're rejuvenated...you needed that. :-)

     
  • At 5:04 AM, Blogger The Brown Blogger said…

    Yeah... I had to take a "I can't believe I'm that fucking lovesick/she had me open like that?" vacation.

    In getting back, I caught up on you. I'm glad you weren't part of the Marietta hotel fire that happened while you were down there.

    I'm rambling.

    Uh, vacation is good. I'm sure you're ready to go. I am too. Welcome back.

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger Olawunmi said…

    what the hell??!!!

    someone listened to you pee? and then they tried to have a conversation about it with you like that was a normal thing to do?

    damn!!!

    glad u made it out alive from hicksville wierdtown, and i hope you're well rested and ready for some new adventures.

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger SP said…

    Welcome back.

    That's just odd. Who was she on the phone with? Maybe she summoned the owner. I don't think I could have drove off. I would have asked him what he wanted (once safely locked in my car). The curiosity would have killed me.

     
  • At 8:17 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    Welcome back girlie...glad you got back ok. WOW yea that sounds like something straight out of Misery next you would probably see them asking her do you think her urethra is the right size for us (dun, dun)lol..it's always good to get away and revamp

     
  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger NameLiar said…

    Girl it sounds like they were about to perform some type of ritual on you or something...like they needed a woman who has never had children for the sacrifice...thats some crazy ass shit...

    I know I just let my imagination flow right there but what the hell, there ain't no tellin' what those two were up to. Glad you're back.

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Supa said…

    a tight urethra...

    *blank stare*

    Glad to hear you recharged!

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger ChezNiki said…

    Welcome Back!
    When I go on vacation, I am on the go from the time I check in till I am on my way back to the plane/bus. I never go somewhere and just lay down. I have to try that one time...Sounds like it worked. Glad you're back.

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger princessdominique said…

    Welcome back!!!!!!!

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said…

    Chubs....you don't keep batteries in the glove compartment, under the set of the car, in the side zipper of your purse, in the nightstand, in the overnight bag, in your pockets?...da hell?
    The worse thing to have happen...is have "Oscar" doing his thing and all the sudden have them muthafuckas die right before....oh damn...I'm telling ALL my business...LOL

    Glad your back!

     
  • At 2:00 PM, Blogger nikki said…

    i was reading that post thinking the ending was gonna be something like "someone ran in and held up the convenience store while i was peeing!"

    not that having a conversation about a narrow urethra is any better...

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Abeni said…

    That sounds real way out..tight uretha? LMAO

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is one of thowse stories that makes me wonder who the hell am I sharing this planet with. Thnat is the illest, most random story ever. I would be totally freaked out.

    The Mad Dater,
    "Because there's a Bastard in all of us"

     
  • At 3:15 PM, Blogger LadyLee said…

    You sure you didn't hear the twilight zone theme music quietly playing when you walked into that store???

    Glad to see you and your tight urethra back, CC!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape I'LL SUE YO AISSS!