The Adventures of Chubby Chocolate

CONFESSIONS & RAMBLINGS OF A CHUBBY BLACK GIRL ON THE VERGE OF 30.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

INSOMNIATIC CONSEQUENCES



I decided to stay up late Thursday night to go over my final presentation. I stayed up until 3am, fine tuning and revising. I managed to get an earlier flight out of Atlanta for Friday immediately after sessions were over. Woke up around 7am. A bit groggy, but four hours of sleep is better than none...Or so I thought.

Get down to the session hall. Did presentation. Nailed it. Started to feel sleepy. I'll keep myself busy by working on reports that are due when I return to the office. Get out my car keys. My flash disk is attached to it. Plug it into the laptop. Worked on reports for 15 minutes. Starting to fall asleep. Lunch time. I grab a plate of food and head back to session hall. I'm too tired to socialize. Start working on reports again. Three hours later, sessions over. Pack my laptop up and place car keys in laptop bag. Rushing to get to front of hotel to catch shuttle. We're given small bags of snack food for our flights. Rushing to get out of there. I place my cell phone in the snack bag. I'm so exhausted, I feel like I'm drunk. People are asking for my business card. I take out the items in my laptop pocket, looking for my business cards. The shuttle is here. Grab my pulley, laptop bag, purse and hop in the shuttle. Snoring. Get to the airport. A man grabs my pulley for curbside check-in. I follow him to the desk. Pull out my e-ticket from the laptop pocket. He asks to see my ID. Can't find purse. Where's my purse? Maybe I put it in my pulley. I don't need it anyway. I'm tired. Wait in terminal E-28. Snoring. Waiting to board. Pull out laptop to finish reports. Can't find car keys. Where are my car keys? Should call hotel to check lost and found. Where's my cell phone? I put it in the snack bag. Where's the snack bag? I left it at the hotel. Maybe it's in my pulley. Wait till I get to Oakland. Get on plane. Can't sleep, worried about car keys. Get to Oakland. Get pulley. Check pulley for purse. Back from Atlanta with no car keys, no cell phone, no purse, no reports. No sleep.

24 Comments:

  • At 8:12 PM, Blogger cassy said…

    Shit, woman. That sucks ass.

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger Knockout Zed said…

    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkk!

    KZ

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Abeni said…

    Damn!

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger toneec42 said…

    You sound like me. In the last month I have locked my keys in the car twice. Once it was running and it ran until AAA showed up an hour and half later. We are doing too much! That's my diagnosis.

     
  • At 7:15 AM, Blogger PAINKEY said…

    I hope it all works out for ya!

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Ming Houser, Realtor said…

    I know the lost purse feeling! Good luck on getting everything together.

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger Haley said…

    That was pretty bad! Sorry to hear about that. What's with the pic? Crazy.

    Haley

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Single Ma said…

    I'm having a "Good Times" flashback
    DAMN DAMN DAAAAAMMMMMNNNNN!!!!!!!

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Blogger LadyLee said…

    At least you nailed that doggone presentation!!!

     
  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Disco said…

    I woulda passed out from anger.... I'm soooooo sorry that that happened to you girl.....

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said…

    THE HELL?!!?!?!?!

    ATL was a bust...stay your ass in California...

    sorry chubs...be better, k?!

    xoxo

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger feels good b n FREE said…

    busy busy busy...huh?

    it's good, keeps you young!

    *smiles*

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey said…

    Dang girl you had one heck of a work week...glad you are back safe and soung

     
  • At 11:26 AM, Blogger SP said…

    Dang Girl! No more 4 hours of sleep nights for you.

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger brooklyn babe said…

    Okay we either get you some rest, some no doze, or no mo' trees for you...

    sorry to hear...

    if ur schitt has not turned up... be sure to turn off er'rie thang!
    And put fraud alert on card, license and above BANK CARD... if you got a pay pal account

    CALL THEM WITH THE QUICKNESS
    INTERNET PURCHASES WITH YOUR INFO IS THE FASTEST TO GET VICKED!!!

    not trying to scare you, its reality
    and I've been there!

     
  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger Jdid said…

    damn i hope you find them soon

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Blogger cassy said…

    So, any luck?

     
  • At 6:42 AM, Blogger TRUTHZ said…

    hopefully the hotel will send it to you...hopefully nobody stole it...keep us posted

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger nikki said…

    DAYUM!

    let me know if you need me to make a trip to the hotel. not having the car keys and cell phone gotta suck. i hope you at least caught up on the zzzzs.

     
  • At 2:46 PM, Blogger Supa said…

    Awww!! Sorry to hear that! I'm the same way - delirious when sleep-deprived. Hope everything works out for ya

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger Butterfly Jones said…

    Who the fuck did you call? We sound way too alike. What's up with the posting? You slippin' girl. Come on home I need some joke!

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger TRUTHZ said…

    where are you?????please come back

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger PAINKEY said…

    CC, I hope everything worked out and by having such a bad time, you met the man of your dreams and your having too much fun and sex to find time to blog.....

    let us know ;)

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger shuna fish lydon said…

    You are hysterically funny! I am laughing out loud with only some sleepy 80 year old dog to not hear me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape I'LL SUE YO AISSS!