The Adventures of Chubby Chocolate

CONFESSIONS & RAMBLINGS OF A CHUBBY BLACK GIRL ON THE VERGE OF 30.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

SHIT IS SHIT

No adventures to report.

I'm starting the countdown to my 31st, birthday and I've been seriously irresponsible with my funds. I have cute clothes, shoes and things, with maxed out credit cards, a soon to be expired vehicle registration sticker on a Mercedes with a couple of miles left until the warranty wears out.

I've been clubbing in the middle of the week, neglecting work, skipping meetings and avoiding housecleaning until one hour before company arrives. I have a villa in Jamaica that's sucking up money and I don't have the energy or drive to go through the process of selling it, so I've decided if it takes years to complete it then years it will have to take.

I've been seeing a personal trainer for the past two months and he's more than I can afford, but my body is looking better than ever, so I find a way to pay him for the six weekly hours of his hot, stinky breath in my face, yelling at me to do 50 more sit-ups. I'm trying to keep my word and pride, by not calling him, even though I told him not to call me anymore and lose my number. He's all I think about right before I grab Oscar from my nightstand or turn down some random guy at the club. I wear make-up and make sure my hair is on point, just in case I run into him while out on the road. I've already conjured up a plan if I don't hear from him by my deadline of two weeks. I'll call him and pretend as if I meant to call someone else and strike up a conversation. I've eliminated all gutter dicks and stable warmers for him and I don't want to recruit anymore penis for the spring/summer.

My mother wants to retire at the end of the year and I want to throw her a big party and send her on a trip to visit our family in London, but I can't even afford to put gas in my car.

This is not how I envisioned my life to be at 31. My head was filled with images of a woman. A grown ass woman. I feel like a 20 something who could care less about the future, my 401k or my credit score. I'll be on vacation for one week for my birthday and I'll be stuck in the house with netflix movies, bottles of ginger wine and cake because I can't afford to do anything else.

Even though my shit is all out of wack, I know there is someone out there who is feeling as shitty as me multiplied by 1 million. I'm not the only one with a pile of shit on my plate and compared to others my shit is hard and piled in a nice stack instead of that watery shit, running off the sides of the plate. But shit is shit, no matter how you weigh it and I guess life wouldn't be worth living if we didn't have a stack of it to balance and juggle.

10 Comments:

  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger PAINKEY said…

    aint that the shit...lol..not making fun of your situation, but if we dont laugh or find some humor in the shit we are in then we will be going crazy crying and what not. Gurl, everyone is in some type of it, and like you, really could careless than fix or deal with it. Who dont spend money we dont have and have bills out the ying-yang. I am almost 30 and I feel as if every year I take a step backwards as far as age. I want to do things I was doing in my early 20's. Difference is now i have a man and two kids. At least you dont have that to deal with. But all in all you know and i know that you are more than capable of pulling urself out of the situation if and when you feel like it. just right now,
    girls just wanna have fun!!!!

    life is too short, u never know when its ur time..I say this crazy things bc someone I semi Knew died yesterday and it put a little perspective as to how we view things...like our worries about this bill or that bill, this chore, that chore, trip, meeting, all that business things we deal with and I am like, I bet he went to bed with his anxieties about all those things he had to deal with the next day...and you know what, NONE OF THOSE THINGS MATTER NOW....
    wierd huh!!

    Take Care Cubbs,
    Viva la Chubby Adventures!!!

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I hope you stay somewhat regular with posting...you are crazy funny as hell!!! Painkey said it all so well so I won't add to it. Take care and I hope you have a great bday!!!!

     
  • At 12:09 PM, Blogger Butterfly Jones said…

    Now that's real. Trust me girl, 31 is the new 21, you got plenty of time to get your shit straight. I'm gonna be 38 (howl) in a few weeks (Apr 18th) and I still feel like I'm just starting out.
    Have you're me time, and then start dealing with the business. At least you got a Mercedes. I have a 20 buck bike I bought on eBaY. Shiiiit!

     
  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger proacTiff said…

    This speaks VoLuMeS to: this going on 34-year-old mother to three, wife to one, two roving eyes, a heart desiring a big new home, in another freaking state (read: relocate); a career-changer in progress, due to teaching other people shitty-grown-as-the-phuck- raging-hormonal-13/14/15-years old, a son/middle child who I am deeming his effed up behavior in need of "family therapy" (at almost 7 the chile done had too many whippings which are not sufficing). A seven year itch that won't leave me the phuck alone and it's been almost ten years. A nitely penis that won't get as hard as I'd like for him to be. Damn. Talk about diarrhea. My shyt runneth over. But I'm blocked (constipated) and can't even write to save my stinky soul...

     
  • At 7:23 AM, Blogger Disco said…

    I feel ya Proactiff.... I do.... I feel you too Chubbs! There are wants and needs and all the "SHIT" in between.... it's hard to balance it, but just when your shit-cup runneth over...you get a weeeeeeeeee little itsy-bitsy view of being able to see OVER the top of the pile.... just once in a while! LOL

    Enjoy the view when it comes! :-) I do!

    And yeah man.... POST MORE OFTEN!!!

    We miss you!

     
  • At 10:51 AM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said…

    shit... checks and balances

    sup Chub

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CC, I haven't been here in forever. You are still funny as HELL, girl.

    I honestly don't think anyone's life is really how they planned it. Some of it's better, some of it's worse, but it is what it is.

    Cassy, aka Texan In Kuwait

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just found your blog. I'm 32 and I live in the Bay Area--I guess I'm Chubby Vanilla, though! I wanted to say that it sounds like you're living life to the fullest and pretty successful and together. And you're gorgeous, if you don't mind my saying so. I feel like a total loser next to you. So... happy birthday!

     
  • At 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Um raising hand over here, multiplied times a million in da mofokin' house!! See you're never alone in this thing we call life.

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger She Her Me said…

    Ok, so I have read your entire blog from start to finish...er...well hopefully you're not finished. But there's nothing after March. :(
    Hope all is well with you. You are a talented writer, and your little "chubby adventures" had me rollin!
    Stay up, girl!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape I'LL SUE YO AISSS!